HIGH PRESSURE WATER MIST FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM
Ousus Design is the authorised distributor in KSA for SEM-SAFE® a world class, high pressure water mist fire protection system. It is a proud offering from Danfoss Fire Safety A/S .
What exactly is HPWM ? As per NFPA 750 : Water Mist is defined as a water spray with Dv0.99 of the flow-weighted cumulative volumetric distribution of water droplets is less than 1000 microns(1mm) ,This Value is found at the minimum design operating pressure and is measured in a plane 1m from the nozzle.
HPWM when working pressure in pipes above 34.5 bar and droplets size diameter range 50-100 µm.
History of Water Mist Fire Protection System
- Introduced in the 1940’s for Ships by the US Navy
- Renewed interest in the 1980’s is attributed in part to the Phase out and replacement of ozone depleting agents, such as halon
- International Maritime Organizations (IMO) requirement for all passenger ships to be provided with a fire suppression system.
- Development of water mist technology and broader applications
- 1990 a deadly fire on the Scandinavian Star heightens the need
- Guidelines for equivalent sprinkler systems are made and put into an IMO Resolution in 1995